Vent Your Feelings about the Future of Leeds Kirkgate Market. Do It Now!
The Council will soon discuss the plan for the redevelopment of Kirkgate Market. There has been plenty of token consultation where many of you have shown your disagreement and worries about these plans. However we need to make these worries public again or they simply won’t listen. So please comment on the current planning application. You don’t need to use technical knowledge or know everything about the issue. It is best if you describe how you feel the changes will affect you.
Whatever you feel, let the council know. It’s easy to do. Go to the Council planning page, click on comments (you will need to register) and vent your feelings in the space provided. Do it now, or the Council can say that everyone was happy, the plans will all go ahead, and it will be too late to change anything. Alternatively send an email to email@example.com (putting Ref 14/04516/LA in the subject line) or send a letter to: Leeds City Council, Planning Services, Leonardo Building, 2 Rossington Street, LS28HD, quoting Application number 14/04516/LA
It’s not too late to comment but it soon will be. Let them know how you feel. Here are some questions
- Will these new plans safeguard the Council’s equality duty to the poor and vulnerable, the elderly, the disabled and ethnic minorities?
- What do you think about the plans to link the Market to Victoria Gate with a grand entrance on George Street?
- Will the butchers and fishmongers be able to occupy the same part of the market?
- How do you feel about the 1976 hall being given over to day traders, and the Council’s intention to run a constant rolling programme of entertainments? Can you really combine showbusiness with shopping?
- Will the outside market survive?